Drinking and happy times all-around with friends Petra and Manny at Petra’s porch. And the plan was, I was going to take home that Rivka Galchen novel with me. But of course not. Because Petra and I are dorks like that.
From the bottom, up:
- Wild Women: Contemporary Short Stories by Women Celebrating Women, edited by Sue Thomas.
- The Waves, by Virginia Woolf.
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Love, by Raymond Carver.
- Complete Short Stories of Graham Greene.
- The Married Man, by Edmund White.
- Sexing the Cherry, by Jeanette Winterson.
- Written on the Body, by Jeanette Winterson.
- Atmospheric Disturbances, by Rivka Galchen.
- Saturnalia: An Anthology of Bizarre Erotica, edited by Paul Scott.
- Birds of America: Stories, by Lorrie Moore.
[NOTES: I already have the Carver book, but left it at home, and I figured, you can never have too many Carvers running around. Also, well, excited for Woolf, the Moore collection, and I figured I’m gonna give that Graham Greene a try.]
Borrowed books, Red Horse, and Off! lotion. Petra and Manny just saved my life tonight.